When I was a kid and some long lost relative came to visit, they often said something horrifying like, “Come on, Malcolm, give Auntie some sugar.”
Truth be told, I still get the willies thinking about it.
However, if auntie had been a conjure woman, she could have made me run over and hug her without having to say a word. How?
A Sweetening Spell
(In general, sweetening may help you attract a lover, but for true industrial-strength romance, check out these love spells.)
- Something Sweet (sugar, honey, Karo Syrup, molasses)
- An empty jar (baby food jars work well)
- A piece of brown paper (a grocery sack is fine)
- Appropriate candles (see below)
What to do:
- Write the name of your auntie, co-worker, judge of whoever in the middle of the paper three times with a pencil.
- Now, turn the paper side ways and write your name across those three names three times. (Some say four times). Be thinking about what you’re wanting.
- Fold up the paper and push it down into the jar of sweetener. Say aloud you intention: “I want Bob to like me.”
- Close the jar and put it on a shelf, desk, workbench, or nightstand where it won’t be disturbed.
- To ramp up the power, burn candles next to the jar twice a week, white for general esteem, brown for court cases, red for passionate love and pink for friendship. (optional)
Now, when you need a friend or a favor or “a little sugar,” you won’t have to ask for it.
So, here you have a bit of friendly white magic!
Malcolm R. Campbell is the author of “Conjure Woman’s Cat,” a Jim-Crow era novella set in the Florida Panhandle. The KKK was very strong in Florida in those years, so Eulalie has her work cut out for her. On sale for 99 cents June 4 and June 5, 2015.