Contest Winners, Saturday’s Writing Prompt, etc etc etc
- Today’s Writing Prompt: “Bubba, if I catch you eatin’ plastic one more time, I’m gonna tan your hide.”
- The Real McCoys (lost episode): Luke (Richard Crenna) tells Grandpa Amos (Walter Brennan) that he dreamt of going where no man has gone before. Kate (Kathleen Nolan) overhears the conversation and accuses Luke of fantasizing about Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis). Grandpa tells Luke to get the stars out of his eyes before the police show up.
- Inspiration: Bones, by Smoky Zeidel, “Last month, as we walked along Pebble Beach in Big Sur, enjoying the roar of waves crashing on shore and marveling at the abundance of wildlife on the beach, Scott made the most intriguing find in what I refer to as a bale of kelp hay (who knows what marine biologists call it; bale seems fitting, though). He found a single vertebral bone, tangled in the detritus.”
Springtime Giveaway for The Seeker: Congratulations to the winners of the giveaway contest for my new contemporary fantasy novel. The winners are Cynthia, Kathy, Charmaine and Terry. Thanks for entering the giveawat!
- Quotation: “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” ― A.A. Milne
- Lists: 11 Neil Gaiman Quotes on Writing, by Chris Higgins – “Neil Gaiman is a prolific author spanning genres — he has hits in the worlds of comics, young adult fiction, grownup fiction, television, film, and even nonfiction (I particularly enjoyed Don’t Panic, his Douglas Adams/HHGTTG companion). Here, eleven quotes from Gaiman on writing.” Mental Floss
- From the Oh, Well Department: Since previous posts about the USS Ranger here on Malcolm’s Round Table have gotten a lot of hits, I had high hopes for Navy to Scrap Historic Aircraft Carrier Next Year. I thought the USS Ranger Foundation, a group trying to turn the decommissioned aircraft carrier into a museum in Oregon, would see the post and explain why they appear to have given up on the project. This is one post that didn’t get any traction. To bad.
- Words to the Wise: “A good storyteller is a person with a good memory and hopes other people haven’t.” – Irvin S. Cobb