Welcome to my Hot Yule, Sub Rosa Give-Away Extravaganza
FIRST PRIZE: A signed paperback copy of my contemporary fantasy Sarabande. Or, if you own Sarabande, I’ll send you a signed copy of The Sun Singer (contemporary fantasy) or Garden of Heaven: an Odyssey (magical realism).
SECOND PRIZE: An e-book copy of Sarabande in the format of your choice from the book’s listing on Smashwords.
THIRD PRIZE: A signed bookmark showing the cover of The Sun Singer.
How to Play
- Go to the Magic and Fantasy page on my Sarabande Website where you will find a variety of drawings linked to information about horses, ospreys, coyotes, and roses. Click on any or all of them, but focus your attention on the page reached when you click on the drawing that seems to be the most appropriate for a secret, i.e., something considered sub rosa (beneath the rose).
- As you learn about the symbolism of the drawing you click on, you’ll discover that I left something on the table in David Ward’s cabin that is NOT mentioned in any of the novels. Your challenge is to figure out what it is.
- Within the spirit of the rules, you can use psychic powers, magic, shamanic journeying, your imagination, or your best guest. When you have an answer, click on the e-mail icon at the bottom of the screen and tell me what you’ve discovered.
- Any objects on that table top mentioned in The Sun Singer, Garden of Heaven: an Odyssey, and Sarabande are not the secret answer. So, guessing “soporific tea” will put your entry at the bottom of the stack.
- The e-mail deadline is December 31, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. You can enter only once.
Determining a Winner
The first person to tell me specifically what the object is will win. By “specifically,” I mean that if you think I’ve left a brass skeleton key (I didn’t) on the table, say “brass sketeton key” rather than “key” or “something shiny.” The second and third place winners will be those with the first-emailed answers closest to the corrrect answer.
If nobody figures out what the object is, the first, second and third place winners will be chosen by my drawing the names (from all entries) out of a hat.
Good luck and have fun.